Check these Masterchef South Africa Prizes found on the M Net website.
The winner of MasterChef SA, the local version of the worldwide reality show phenomenon, will become the biggest reality show prize winner in the history of South African television.
Over R8 million worth of prizes are awaiting the amateur chef whose culinary skills will impress the judges the most after 18 episodes of brutal contestant eliminations.
South Africa’s first MasterChef will receive cash, a car, a trip to Italy, a sommelier course, one-on-one master classes from an award-winning cellarmaster, wine – and a first for local reality shows: his or her very own restaurant!
Pierre Cloete, M-Net’s Channel Head, says this unprecedented prize package is an indication of the massive appeal of the series: “The international versions of the series created a big buzz and subsequently the response to MasterChef South Africa has been overwhelming.
“First we received thousands of entries and now M-Net’s premier show for 2012 is supported by top, premier South African brands. A huge thank you to our headline sponsor, Robertsons, as well as Hyundai, Woolworths, Nederburg and Southern Sun, whose combined prize offerings are rewriting South African television history.
“We are incredibly excited about these partnerships and look forward to working together on what promises to be next year’s talk-of-the-town.”
The winner of the first season of MasterChef South Africa will walk away with a prize package that consists of:
• R250 000 in cash from MasterChef South Africa’s headline sponsor, Robertsons, for the winner to realize their culinary dream.
• A Hyundai Elantra 1.6 GLS, valued at over R190 000.
• An all-expenses paid 7 day culinary experience in Italy courtesy of official food sponsor, Woolworths, including flights, accommodation and an Italian cookery course.
• From the official wine sponsor, Nederburg: A customised sommelier course developed for the winner by the South African Sommelier Association, using Nederburg wines to demonstrate wine and food pairing; one-on-one masterclasses presented by Nederburg’s award-winning cellarmaster, Razvan Macici; and a year’s supply of Nederburg Winemaster’s Reserve Wines.
• And in a coup for the series, the MondoVino restaurant at Southern Sun’s Montecasino!
More than 10 000 entries were received during the MasterChef South Africa online registration period, and auditions remain open to members of the public who did not have a chance to pre-register.
Info above courtesy of M Net – http://mnet.dstv.com/2011/12/05/masterchef-sa-prize-makes-history-2/
What do you have to say?